1. having a major impact or effect.
* Scary Close by Donald Miller
* Changes that Heal by Henry Cloud
* Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
* The Book of Luke, The Bible
* For the Love by Jen Hatmaker
* God Never Blinks by Regina Brett
* Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
* Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert, specifically the chapter detailing about “Fear is Boring.”
* Drops like Stars by Rob Bell
* This quote: “The woman who doesn’t need validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.” – Mohadesa Najumi
*This verse: “These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold–though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.” – 1 Peter 1:7
* This blog post: How We Fight For Health In Our Marriage at Letters From a Mister by Sally Kim.
* This blog post: Purposeful Anger at Revealing the Story by Laura Frederick.
* This blog post: A Bit of What I Wish I Knew When I Was 27 at A Holy Experience by Ann Voskamp.
* ‘Hello Flawless!’ SPF 15 Powder Foundation by Benefit
* Kai Perfume
* Rose gold eh.knee.thang!!!!
* Surprise Lipstick by Clinque
* Honeymoon Fridays
* Power walking, cursing at Jillian Michaels at-home workout videos, playing football with Tanner, and soccer with Ty
* Wearing my reading glasses that I should wear daily, but especially on days when makeup or hair ain’t happening.
* Bordeaux Bars from Sees.
Impactful Lessons / Observations
* When I choose to enjoy this moment, this person, this challenge or joy, life is explosively beautiful, even in the deepest of sorrow.
* I’m not responsible for reading my minds. I am respoinsible for clarifying and communicating.
* Growth is the best type of pain.
* I am a
recovering control freak.
* I’m afraid I’m an inadequate mom.
* I’m afraid I’m sending my kids to therapy prematurely.
* I’m afraid my kids won’t want to hang out with their crazy mom when they get older.
* Being afraid is boring (see Big Magic)
* Clear skin is the most beautiful canvas.
* To have fewer and deeper friendships is more fragnant than a bouquet of dandelions.
* Conversations are best shared over a cheese and bread platter. With champagne in hand.
* Art with a story behind it (even if it’s a 5 year old’s masterpiece) is meant to be hung above the mantle.
* To complete a dream is a sheer miracle wrapped in grace.
* To suffer is to cut the fat and live in holy focus and eternal awareness.
* Bordeaux Bars from Sees are life-changing. (Wait. Did I already say that?)
What were impactful reads, frivolous-ness, and lessons / observations for YOU in 2015?
Thank you 2015 and helloooooooo 2016! Let’s do this!